Recently, I and my lovely wife open a joint savings account in BDO. Since we are new in our place, our valid IDs are in different addresses. The bank teller didn’t allow us to open the account that day and required us to secure a barangay clearance first before they can completely process our application.
On this short article, let me share you the steps and requirements how to get barangay clearance in the Philippines.
What is Barangay Clearance?
Barangay clearance is a document that certifies an individual that he/she is a resident of that barangay. More importantly, it also proves the applicant that he/she doesn’t have any bad records and in good moral character.
Barangay clearance is one of the requirements needed when you are processing a legal document or financial documents. Sometimes, it is being requested when you are applying for a job, ID application, supporting documents or any other legal purpose it that requires.
This certificate is stamped and sealed with the Barangay Offical Seal and signed by the Barangay. captain.
Requirements for Barangay Clearance
- Filled up Application Form
- Recent Cedula (Community Tax Certificate)
- Application Fees (Price may vary in every barangay)
Steps in getting Barangay Clearance
1. To get a barangay clearance, all you need to do is to go to your barangay hall and approach your barangay secretary that you need a barangay clearance. They might conduct a short interview about your residency in the barangay and your purpose of getting barangay clearance.
In some cases, they might also ask some documents like an ID or proof of billing showing your address in that barangay. Good thing we have 1 proof of billing under my name.
2. Fill up the form and complete all the details. On our barangay(in Quezon City), they also took a picture and thumb mark and were attached to the document. On some cases or in other barangays, they may require a cedula or community tax certificate.
3. Once completed, submit the form and pay the processing fees. Fees may vary but in general, it is always less than P100. On our case, we paid P50. After 15-20 minutes, we’re done! Our barangay clearance was released.
That’s it! Those are the simple requirements and easy steps on how to get barangay clearance in the Philippines. On the following day, we went back to BDO and were able to open joint savings account for our emergency fund.
I hope this short article has been informative. Cheers!If this article helps you, please like our page or share this article. Thank you.
Does this still apply? Im being charge of 3050 pesos for barangay building permit clerance i live in parada sta. Maria bulacan.
Brgy. Bldg permit is another case Jen. Thanks!
As of today, Feb 5, 2018, baranggay clearance is free. Just bring valid ID with address (proof you live in that baranggay). This info is at least for Baranggay Pilar in Las Piñas City. Not sure if it’s the same goes for others.
Tho in the case of my aunt from Muntinlupa, she paid 50 pesos. But i don’t know when it was.
Also, all if this was accomplished in minutes. My only expense was on transportation.
Stephanie Gueco says
I’m from Marikina, I suppose to get a brgy clearance for meralco purposes for the residential net metering of solar panel . They are charging me 1,000 for the barangay clearance. Is this reasonable or is it really correct? I thought barangay clearance is only 100 pesos or below. Please help. Thank you.